Welcome to the Nurse’s Office for Cambria Heights School District
The Health Services Department would like to share up to date health information and resources to assist you in reaching and maintaining optimal health for you and your children.
Pennsylvania Department of Health-Tips for Preventing the Spread of the Flu
1. Keep your child home from school or day care when he or she is sick.
2. Allow your child to return to school only when fever-free for at least 24 hours (no longer having a fever without use of fever-reducing medicines).
3. Cover your cough. Cough into your upper sleeve or into a tissue and discard properly.
4. Properly dispose of used tissues and other soiled items, and wash your hands after doing so.
5. Wash hands frequently and regularly, or use hand sanitizers when water is not readily available.
6. Regularly clean and disinfect areas and items likely to have frequent hand contact.
7. Contact your health care provider when your child or other family member is sick with the flu (symptoms include fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, headache and body aches).
8. If you are not able to stay home with your child, plan ahead for how he or she will be taken care of when sick at home.
9. Have your child vaccinated against the flu every year.
10. Stay informed through:
- The PA Department of Health http://www.health.pa.gov/My%20Health/Diseases%20and%20Conditions/I-L/Pages/Influenza.aspx#.WnoxrSXwa1v
- Center for Disease Control: Stopping the Spread of Germs at Home, Work & School https://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/stopgerms.htm
- Flu.gov-Take Action to prevent the Flu https://www.cdc.gov/flu/