2018-2019 PreK Counts Application (click to download the application)
Cambria Heights offers a full-day Pre-K Counts program provided during the school year. We do not offer transportation, therefore we require parent drop off/pick up.
Pennsylvania Pre-K Counts offers eligible families quality preschool at no cost to help children learn the skills they need to be ready for kindergarten. The Cambria Heights Pre-K Counts program offers a highly qualified teacher and teacher aide who have extensive experience working with young children. We offer a small class size and a curriculum and learning activities that help children thrive. In addition, parents are provided with information throughout the program regarding the child’s progress and development.
Since this is a grant program funded by the PA Department of Education, information regarding the availability of the program and definite enrollment won’t be available until after the district is assured of grant funding for 2018-2019. Cambria Heights is requesting funds to continue the current program which offers 17 slots.
Who Is Eligible?
- To be eligible to apply, students must be age 4 on or before August 31st.
- Families must meet the income definition of “at-risk” which is defined as at or below 300% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Please see below for these income guidelines.
**The following enrollment selection criteria will be used when the number of eligible applications received exceeds the number of slots allocated
Preference for our program is given to the following:
- Children from families that are below 300% of the federal poverty level but not eligible for Head Start
- Children who have additional “risk factors” (as per Pre-K Counts guidelines)
- Income preference is then used if deemed necessary to fill remaining slots
How Do I Apply?
The application form is available for download at the top of this page or by calling 814.344.8506. You must provide income verification when you submit your application (see below for additional information). Feel free to contact us with any questions regarding state requirements for income verification.
Please return your completed application to
Cambria Heights Elementary School
ATTN: Pre-K Counts/Sandy Hritz
138 East Campbell Street
Carrolltown , PA 15722
If you have questions please phone: 814-344.8506
Federal Income Guidelines for 2017
Verifying Income For Pre-K Counts
Child Care Works
If you are already participating in Child Care Works or are on a waiting list for Child Care Works, you can just submit the Eligibility Detail Page available from the CCIS. Contact us if you are not sure how to request this document from CCIS.
Whose income is Counted?
- The parent or caretaker of the child
- A parent's or caretaker's spouse
- Children's, excluding earned income (employment earnings of min
To Document Income:
- Earned Income: W-2 forms, IRS form for reporting tips, pay stubs (at least two recent), a written employer statement of anticipated earnings, or other document that establishes earnings or anticipated earnings from employment
- Self-Employment: tax returns, business records or other documents establishing profit from self-employment
- Unearned Income: copy of current benefit check (SSI, TANF, Unemployment compensation, etc.), award letter that shows amount of grant or benefit, a bank statement showing interest, a court order, or other document or database report that establishes the amount of unearned income.
- Child Support: If a family receives or pays child support, please provide documentation showing amount. The eligibility agency shall verify the amount of support received or paid by the family by documents from the Department of Public Welfare.
Please feel free to call us if you have additional questions at 814.344.8506. Detailed guidance we received from the Office of Child Development and Early Learning (OCDEL) may allow us to answer your questions.